Different eating styles
Taylor takes a humorous approach to bad eating habits in her Top Ten Ecumenical Eating Styles:
1. The Unconscious Eater: "If you find yourself covered in cookie crumbs and do not have any memory of eating cookies, you are an unconscious eater," Taylor said. "Wake up!"
2. Gulp 'n' Go: Eating on the run leads to indigestion and poor nutritional choices. Instead, have a seat and enjoy a meal.
3. Food Architect: If you're playing with your food, you're eating unconsciously while you're doing it.
4. Assembly-Line Eater: "Doesn't anybody put down their fork between bites?" Taylor asked. Slow down and take stock of what you're doing.
5. Never Say, "No, Thank You": It's OK to say no to food, Taylor said. "If you're afraid someone will be offended, tell them you're allergic."
6. If It's Free, It's for Me: When you see free food, take just one bite. "It's about putting limits on things. It's not about being deprived," Taylor said.
7. Closet Eater: People who eat in secret, she said, often overeat. These people need to consider if other psychological issues are coming into play.
8. Speed Eater: "It's like gulp 'n' go, except you eat more." Taylor said. "It's just not pretty."
9. Beige Eater: People who chow down on beige foods invariably aren't getting a lot of the nutrients found in more colorful foods. "It's bland and it's just not healthy," Taylor said.
10. Fried: "I thought 'fried' was a food group, but now I know better," Taylor said. "Fried is just a way to rack up calories. You can get a lot more bang for your buck with fruits and vegetables."
Comments via Facebook